YAKIMA VALLEY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
November 4, 2015
- Standing Rule Changes:
A. In order to change the standing rules a quorum of the attending Board Members present is needed.
- That all materials donated to the library become the property of Yakima Valley Genealogical Society and shall remain in the custody of said organization. Requests, by relatives, friends, or acquaintances of a donor, for removal of any material belonging to the Yakima Valley Genealogical Society shall not be honored.
- That anyone who wishes to have a book or bulletin mentioned in the Society’s publication should send a review copy and a note requesting such mention. The Bulletin Editor shall make the decision on what to include.
- That the Board Meeting minutes shall not be read at the General Meeting. Pertinent actions taken by the board may be reported to the general membership.
- That the Yakima Valley Genealogical Society Library is a reference library only. No books may be checked out without prior authorization from the Library committee.
- That when a member dies, the Treasurer shall transfer $10.00 from the operating account into the Emergency Reserve Fund. All memorial gifts received by the Society shall also be placed in the Emergency Reserve Fund.
- That the days of operation and hours of operation of the library shall be determined by the Board of Directors. That the library shall be closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve; New Year’s Day; July 4th, Memorial Day (Sat, Sun, Mon), Labor Day (Sat, Sun, Mon); Thanksgiving; Christmas Eve; and Christmas.
- That all business of the society shall be conducted on a calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
- That changes or additions to the Standing Rules require a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors.
ACCOUNTING STANDING RULES AND PROCEDURES
- That accounts be kept for assets, liabilities and net worth of the Society by category.
- That the assets include cash in checking accounts, savings certificates, Endowment Fund, any other deposits of cash, investment in library facilities, books, periodicals, and other materials.
- That the liabilities include taxes payable and any other debts.
- That the Treasurer provide monthly financial reports to the Board, general membership and post at the library or on our website. The Treasurer shall show beginning balance, total income, total expenses and the ending balance.
5. That the Board of Directors may, at their discretion, authorize the transfer of funds between the various accounts that comprise the net worth of the Society.
- That library annual membership dues shall be determined by a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors.
- That all expenditures exceeding $200.00 must be submitted to the Board for preapproval, with the exception of regular monthly expenses, such as rent, telephone, electricity, and other utilities which the Treasurer is authorized to pay automatically when due. The President, or Vice-President upon absence of the President, can approve $200 - $400 expenditures. In emergencies involving the building and maintenance two Board members can approve a larger expenditure.
- That vouchers shall be completed for all disbursements with documentation attached. Vouchers should be reviewed and initialed by the President or Vice President on a monthly basis.
- That bank statements should be reviewed and initialed by the President or VicePresident on a monthly basis.
- Those Bulletins, which are now received by paid subscriptions, shall be paid by purchase order is required.
- The Board shall meet every quarter February, May, August and November and at the call of the President, day and time to be determined and convenient for most Board members.
- The Society's Board of Directors has the responsibility to create the Board of Trustees to administer the Endowment Fund. The Board of Trustees shall report to the Society's Board of Directors. There shall be three (3) Board of Trustee members who shall be the immediate past President of the Society, the current Treasurer, and a third member appointed by the Board of Directors from the General Membership who will serve a two-year term. The standing President, who qualifies as a member of the Board of Directors shall be exempt from serving as a Trustee. In the event that the immediate past President is unable to or declines to serve, the position shall then be filled by the first available past President. A list of past Presidents will be kept for this purpose.
- The Standing Fund accounts are:
Operations General Fund
Emergency Reserve Fund (for building and maintenance)
Any/All Fund Accounts the Board may approve